Mother's Day weekend this year truly could not have been sweeter. Between strawberry picking and traveling to the beach for the day, my mama heart was truly full. Enjoy our memories. :)
Strawberries! A wonderful May treat and tradition! Connor was the first to grab a delicious strawberry and get our mission underway!
He was really ready to fill that big bucket and enjoyed giving me smiles for a change, so I will share them!!
Sweet Lindsay Jane got into the swing of picking without a hitch. She seemed to be a natural, once I explained to her "no white ones and no eating them"!
For years we have been strawberry picking with the Smith family and this year was no exception! We ended up planning ahead of time to go on the same day and worked out a time to make this about 6 years going! Landon and Sophia went off by themselves, as did all the other sibling pairs. What a joy it is to continue to watch these friendships bloom.
Lindsay Jane and Zachary stopped for a quick look down the rows. Zachary was not still for very long, so this was a prized shot of a rare moment...
He gave me his silly tongue sticking out smile!
This year sweet Tori came with us and I love this picture so much! Lindsay Jane would have been absolutely content if it were just she and Tori. Tori did lots of explaining too, about the strawberries, involving not stepping on the fruit or the plant...and giggling about her cuteness all the while!
LJ quickly ran to find Zachary again and I grabbed a shot of their forced little smiles... :)
Then, Lindsay Jane decided to give him bunny ears. Wonder where she got that from?
Connor and Emelia were the most serious and productive of all the pickers!
Sweet mama and daughter picture, another rare shot...but when there are two moms around, we get that and we take pictures of and for each other! :)
A plentiful harvest! A handsome smile. :)
Another squeeze with my girl.
A boy and his daddy!
Sweet Emmie and Connor. The picked, they picked, the ate only a couple and they smiled really sweetly for dear old mom. Precious, creative middle children.
They even posed for a picture with us mamas!
More picking on their way out of the fields!
More sweet smiles and eating of strawberries. What a treasure this little picture is. I remember this sweet moment like it was yesterday and I just love it. I just pause, remembering the very smell in the air as I looked at these two sweeties.
Tori and I posing for a picture with her bounty. Another fun memory in the book with my sweet colleague and friend!
And another wonderful memory in the book with this gal too. It just keeps getting better!
We had all the kids pose for a picture. It was hilarious. We ended up saying, "It is what it is" and this is the best I got. But there are six of them!!!
And...I got my Mother's Day wish! At 6:30, I work up and came downstairs to work on my other BLOG and after about 10 minutes, three little people came down one at a time and whispered in my ear, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!". Those words, so sweetly gracing my ears, I cuddled them each up and joined them on the couch for cuddles and their presentation of my wonderful mama gifts!
The homemade treats were the best. Landon made me a bookmark with a description of me with each letter of my name (can't remember what that is called) and it was so adorable! He also spent some of his Awana bucks that he earned on a iphone cover for me that has pretty birds all over it. It was so thoughtful and he was so proud to give it to me. He also brought me a flower from school that they grew from seed. True to form, this little jokester also write a rap about me...
Connor worked really hard on a beautiful card and gave me a sweet necklace with a stone on it. Lindsay Jane did hand prints with paint in her class with a sweet poem to go along with it. She also brought me a beautiful flower.
Stan had Lindsay Jane help pick out my gifts...a pretty dress and a crown. :) I loved them both and the sweet thought that went behind them. It was such a treasure to then head down to the beach, my heaven on earth, for a day spent watching my kids frolic, laughing with them, talking to them and being together as a family. It was a perfect day for this mama.
I really think Lindsay Jane feels just the way I do about the beach. What do you think?
I believe Landon is in that same category...oh, how I love to re-live that day through these pictures!
Another super fun, cherry on top sort of treat, was that our neighbors were also at the beach. Not only did Landon have a playmate but we got to enjoy quiet conversations with our no stress neighbors who shared their shrimp and wine, let us park at their beach house and shower off our kids before leaving. Just the best.
Happy Landon = happy Cole family...and I think this exudes happy.
I love kids digging in the beach sand, the giant unending sandbox with so much beneath it waiting to be discovered. The soul stuff I think about at the beach is like no other time.
Here was our little set up. The boys in the background, the Poley's dogs, a day of leisure.
Landon and Porter are still not too old for the digging...so thankful. I just love these smiles!
I will also remember these moments...all three of ours have loved these dump trucks. Seeing our baby girl take to them and ride in the back to the water's edge takes me back to those days with Landon and Connor and also helps me live right where I am.
Checking out the ocean life. Buddies. Neighbors. Sweet special friendship.
Steph got her reading in, as she should on Mother's Day!
Me and LJ doing a little frolicking...
Beach buckets and little girls with cute bellies. Who didn't smile?
Lindsay Jane had a great time with her sweet daddy.
This little girl just has my heart. We had such a great time together. Loving the beach, the water, each other. She was also very proud of her Minnie Mouse bathing suit. I could just eat her up!
More precious memories I have of Stan doing this with all three of our babies. Could not make me more glad to be married to this man, this daddy, this sweet husband of mine.
My favorite picture of the day. This is Mother's Day to me. Right here. So grateful for these 4 who made me a mommy. My heart overflows, indeed.
Men being men. Lots of silly comments were made while I took this picture.
Lindsay Jane got me the crown Steph has on her head and insisted that we let the other mommy wear it. I think it fits, Queen Steph!
And, I am just wondering how long it will take for Connor's big brown eyes to convince me that getting a dog is a good idea...he was in heaven!
Until next time, Atlantic Ocean, my love, my place of peace, of release, of Spirit filled insight and calm. A very Happy Mother's Day, indeed.
Hope you enjoyed!
No comments:
Post a Comment