Well, look at these two little gems. I just love this mischief...so so cute!! Those smiles are so sweet as they were preparing for their very first real dance competition!
After almost a year of lessons, it was time to put those skills to the test at the Freddy Ball at the Renaissance Hotel in Raleigh. Big time, folks, big time.
Connor and our sweet dear friend, Sophia, take dance lessons together over at Fred Astaire Dance Studio off Garrett road, and yes, you can consider that a plug for the best dance studio around- in our humble opinion!!
The kids have been learning the waltz, cha cha and the jive. And, let me tell you what, it is truly the cutest thing ever! It is also amazing how quickly the kids pick up on the steps. Stan and I have been taking for about 3 years now and we are no where near as quick as these kids! It is a life long skill that we have been talking with Connor about and for now, it's one of his things. :) I am hoping we can keep it up...we shall see.
Before we hit the dance floor, we had a delightful dinner with this crowd!! Janise and Derek and their girls, along with Kay and me and my three enjoyed a delicious dinner at Mia Francesca's right there in the hotel! It could not have been more perfect. We ate, enjoyed wonderful company, very well behaved kids, had time to put plenty of product in Sophia and Connor's hair and enjoyed the gift of friendship and family. Truly one of my favorite nights ever.
This next series seriously melted my heart...
Stan was perfecting Connor's number for the competition. Connor was so cute, still and proud, as you can tell. Stan was also proud. :)
Our sweet little ballroom dancer.
And part of the fan club...not sure where she learned that hip out with the hand on it!
Reality...
Sweet Sophia and her family.
Sweet Connor and his family!
Oh, how I love little girls and their presence...so sweet.
And, sweet Connor, standing proud (and a little stiff...)
This little boy has my heart in so many ways. He is the child of mine who gets me. He and I share a lot of similarities, most namely, our love language. I know he will always take care of me. Tearing up...
Sweet pose before they hit the dance floor!
And Janise and I snuck one in too! This was such a treasure to do with Janise and Sophia! Our kids have been buddies since they were old enough to call out a friend's name. So, to be able to be a part of something so special together and get the chance to cheer on Sophia at the same time I cheered on Connor was so dear to my heart. When you have opposite genders you often find yourself at different events, simply because of the differing interests. I love how ballroom dance crosses over and spans both genders, enabling me to be a part of something like this with Janise and her girls. What a true treasure, especially since I feel like their aunt in many ways!
Moms don't get to stop for pictures much, so we took the opportunity to get several shots, especially since we weren't in our "mom clothes"... ;)
Mother daughter love!
Sophia and her partner.
And...all of the little dancers and their fabulous instructors!
The anticipation!!!
Perfecting their waltz, Connor's self proclaimed, best dance...
Love this one!! Caught having such fun!
I know that was a lot...but it is really hard to pare down when they are all so stinking cute! The Jive is so much fun to watch...and is pictured in this last shot. Seriously, they look like a bunch of deer. :)
Nanny and Landon enjoyed watching and I have to say that Landon was an awesome spectator! He did not complain once and was such a supportive big brother, a hard thing when you are such a competitive athlete and your brother is taking up ballroom dancing...yes, we have had many talks about this topic. Landon has really taken to supporting Connor and actually calling it out, that his brother is a good dancer!
Stan and Lindsay Jane practiced a few moves of their own...
And posed for an absolutely adorable picture. Love.
Connor and Sophia got medals!
I would say they were as proud as they could be!! And so were their cheering section!!
Don't worry, there was still plenty of time to be silly kids...
And, just in case anyone ever wants to say that dancing is not hard work...
I hope you enjoyed my memories from one of my favorite nights of being a mom so far. It just keeps getting better...truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment