I am going to squeeze this special gem in the midst of all of our Advent and Christmas festivities!! Stan, Connor and I participated in our very first mini match at our dance studio last Saturday. It was so much fun to be able to share this love of Stan and I's with our Connor. Enjoy our memories...
Connor eeeked out a smile with his mama.
One of Connor's best buddies also participated!! Sophia looks so grown here, it's hard to believe these kids!
Yes, we allowed one funny faces shot...of course!!
Kay came to keep this little dancer entertained...a tall order, indeed.
All of the kids waiting for their turn...
The boys preparing their hands for the little girls. ;)
Lining them up! Note how the sweet little girls have their dresses lifted. Love it.
That's my little fella, number 5!
Ready, set...
And...one-two-three, one-two-three...let's waltz!
Such sweet times to watch these kids learning all about how a boy treats a girl. There is also a lot to be said about the things they are learning about etiquette, culture and just the skill to dance! I could not be more excited for Connor to have this opportunity.
This was his little partner in Heat number 2...so cute.
Some more waltz and cha cha cha for ya.
And, finally, the Jive. Too darn cute. Their little feet can barely go that fast...
Does it get any cuter?
Here they are, waiting for their trophies. :)
These were professional dancers and judges from NYC. Pretty cool.
Hip Hip Hooray!
Connor and his sweet little partner.
Connor, his sweet partner and their little sisters...
Sweet Sophia and Connor, all smiles after a job very well done!
Movie start time...
Such sweet pictures of my boy. It is so hard to believe he is so big. But, I am so proud of the boy he is and who I see he is becoming. This little boy just has my heart.
Connor and his buddy, Emelia. He was so excited that she got to come and watch since her big sister was dancing too! What sweet special friends they are!
All we needed was the red carpet...
Yuri, the owner of the studio and one of their main teachers. He is so so wonderful with the kids and the adults. I just love to watch him dance. These kids are getting such an amazing opportunity!!
It was our turn next!!
I just love how this picture frames the whole event. Stan and I waiting to dance, Connor and Emelia sitting on the floor watching, Kay holding Lindsay Jane and Ed preparing to take pictures. Big kudos to Janise for this awesome capture. :)
And...a bow from the one of the three Amateur couples in the entire mini match...I made sure to remind our friends who were watching that Stan and I were some of the very few not dancing with a professional. A good excuse, I thought, for not dancing as well as the other folks out there...all jokes aside, there are some pretty amazing dancers at our studio!!! We love being a part of this community. It is so very unique and as I have previously mentioned, it is nice to just be "ours". Stan and I have been taking lessons now for 2 1/2 years which is so hard to believe. We enjoy ourselves so much and are doing pretty good for a couple of Armatures...with three small kids...
_________________________
The next pictures are from sweet Connor's Kindergarten Ball back in the fall. I did not get them up then, but wanted to tie them into this post. We had such a magical time and there was dancing with my special little one...a true treat for me.
This mini me accompanied me, as Cinderella's little helper...she was in her element!
There are three room moms for the Kindergarten and this is what we came up with!! It has been so much fun to see the kids enjoy our little parties, but the ball was, by far, my favorite!!
Sweet Connor and his classmates doing their crafts.
Building castles with blocks...
Great fine motor practice...
Our friend, Wyatt, being silly with his marshmallow catapult!
Connor had some special helpers with his marshmallow catapult! It was also Grandparent's Day.
Lindsay Jane was happy to take a picture with all of her grandparents while the boys had pictures made with the school mascot and their grandparents. One must not forget the 3rd born!!!
Tea time for my little Prince...
The kids had such fun and even Ms. Sperry came to join them for tea!
Our sweet Queens gave a royal wave...
This picture was taken after Connor and I did the Waltz for about 20 minutes. I assure you, those were some of the best moments of my entire life. I will forever treasure that special time. I felt like a real princess with my precious son loving me, dancing with me and taking care of me. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.
Mia's dad got the cool dad award for the day for sure...
The ball ended with Mrs. Faulkner and Mrs. Cole doing the "Macarena" with the kids. Perfect Kindergarten teachers? I think so!
Hope you enjoyed our Fall and Holiday Ball memories. I know we enjoyed making them all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment