Friday, March 7, 2014
Brightening a Dreary Day
How could this sweet face not bring JOY on this yucky day. Yucky rain, yucky cold, yucky news of a dear sweet friend passing away last night. JOY in the morning...joy in talking to an encouraging friend about the weight of this world, joy in the celebration of a life very well lived, joy in the blessings I often take for granted. JOY. Just have to look at that face.
She was so proud of herself for stacking the lids. She did not really want to color with the markers, she just wanted to stack the lids...hilarious. I love how each of my little ones is so different. Seeing her personality and little preferences emerge is new JOY every day.
Finger painting was NOT her fave..."I do not want to put my fingers in that!" She was wiping her little fingers off each time I put them on the page. Quite the difference from my boys!
My very sweet Connorbug, who has an amazing attention to art and is able to just hone in and concentrate. He was so thrilled with sand art and did a great job with it!
It is often hard to find joy, especially if I feel bogged down by the weight of the world, which is often. I mean, Jesus did say we should expect suffering! I am looking for the JOY today and one thing I have learned is that I can find it in and through HIM, no matter how dreary a day might be upon me. Hope these smiling faces help you see JOY too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment