Friday, March 15, 2013

Worth a Blog Post


Hello friends.  As I sort through the crazed life I am leading, I decided it a worthwhile use of my only quiet time in the day to Blog about my encounter with my Connor today.

As some of you read, he awoke at 5:30 (a reason I should be sleeping during the quiet space of 45 minutes of nap overlap).  I asked him why.  He replied, "Mommy, I saw Jesus and I wanted to talk to him."

So, what in the world to I reply?  I posted on Facebook and loved the humorous comments back about what I could have said to him.  :)

One thing I have learned in this very tiring and mentally scattering job of being a mother, is that my opportunity to teach my children about Jesus is like no other.

I sat at the kitchen with a dear friend and we discussed our struggles with balance and parenting young children.  I felt the Lord speaking to me and I shared.  I reflected about how often people report that the people most influential in their faith are their mothers (and fathers).  What a responsibility....but what a humbling opportunity.

Connor continued about his day, playing with his friends at playgroup.

Once they all left, he began again.  "Mommy, why did Jesus die on the cross?"

Lindsay Jane was getting fussy and I had to get her down...mommy....just pause....

Put the baby down, she will be fine.  Your middle baby is searching, is looking to you for answers about the most important thing that will impact his life.  Lindsay was placed in her crib with her paci and left to put herself to sleep.  I returned to Connor.

I read the story of Jesus's death and resurrection.  His questions didn't stop.  His focus was amazing.  I got to share the gospel with my 3 year old this afternoon.  I really think he understands...as much developmentally, as a 3 year old can.  He looked at me and said, "I want to share my toys with Jesus".

I love being a mom in this time.  What a blessing and what a gift of being able to share the gospel with my baby and be a part of his faith story.  Thank you God, for using me.

So, I am not going to dispute that Jesus woke him up this morning...5:30am or not!!  :)

No comments: