| One little Kung-fu man having fun in my front yard! |
| A second kung-fu man, copying his brother, having fun in my front yard! |
| Kung-fu Brothers! |
Connor gives a concert immediately following the kung-fu moves,
consisting of ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
We also have had the chance to visit the Natural Science Center of Greensboro with our buddies Allison, Caroline and Nicholas. The kids loved the dinosaur display, the planetarium where they got to watch Big Bird teach about the stars and "travel" all the way to China!
Sweet Nicholas and Allison!
The boys first ride on a see-saw.
Worn out little Connor...
We have been enjoying the outdoors a lot lately. Though the heat has tried to stifle our play, we have managed to make-do with our sprinkler and water play. I am having a lovely time with my boys and am reminded every day that I really need to be intentional about being their mom and spending quality time "unfolding them", unique Landon and unique Connor. I read a great devotional that talked about valuing each child for who God made them to be...and that God did not design them to be a little ME! How convicting to think about. Often I do find myself getting so frustrated because they aren't doing something I want them to do or they are going about something NOT the way I would. The devotional specifically speaks to children not being here for us to "mold" but instead for us to "unfold". What does it take to unfold a human being...man...a lot. Patience, time, being intentional, boundaries, PRAYER, support of friends and family, and did I mention PRAYER? Well, I am going to catch a nap (sleep should have been on that list) so I can get to the "unfolding" of my greatest blessings from the Lord, my Landon and my Connor.
No comments:
Post a Comment