Friday, January 6, 2012

Five

I thought a fitting post for my 5 year old would be a trip down memory lane.

It is so hard to believe how much he has grown in 5 years!! Landon is energetic, fun-loving, has an awesome sense of humor, has a great memory, is a great big brother, is a great friend and has many, loves pizza and strawberries, is very determined and loves loves loves cars and anything with wheels. He is about as all boy as you can get. He is a delight and amazes me by his love and sincere interest in the Bible and learning about God. He is 5 and I cannot believe it...

This was taken on the day our Landon was born. He was 6 pounds 11 ounces and came out screaming...which is truly what a new mom wants to hear. He did not have a problem letting us know early on what his opinions were, which I continue to believe will be a great characteristic in this life...mind you it is a hard characteristic to parent at times. He was a good sleeper and slept through the night when he was 3 months old. He loved playing the toy drums and sitting up just giggling. He loved his green dragon puppet and of course, Raffie.

Before we knew it, he was one. He had an Elmo birthday party with our family and obviously loved his cake! He was a delight this entire year! I had the best time with my little buddy! We went everywhere together. He was always very social and loved to explore new things. He was also quite fond of sweets...even back then. He was very easy going and adventurous at the same time. I would not imagine anything better than spending my time with this sweet boy!!

Then he was two! So hard to believe! The twos started out with a Thomas the Train party at our house with family and friends. We had a blast! At about 2 years and 3 months, my sweet baby boy began to assert himself...and boy has he ever since!!! Landon was very curious in his twos, learned a lot of new words and always had a hug for his mommy. Mommy and daddy had to start reading parenting books in a hurry as he taught us a lot about ourselves...

And then there was three... We had a birthday celebration at Chuckie Cheese with a few of Landon's closest friends. He had just had a new brother and well...that was quite an adjustment for my eldest...Landon began to play a lot more imaginatively and started his interest in drawing. He also continued his love of books and cars and kept me on my toes with potty training. Landon's threes were a lot of fun as he really became a little boy and was much more "transportable" in different settings.

Landon's 4th Birthday was so much fun. Having warmed up to the idea of having a brother, Landon was really enjoying making Connor laugh and coming into his own as a BIG boy. We celebrated his birthday at the kids museum in Durham. It was Lightening McQueen themed and Landon had a blast. He got a scooter for his birthday and took off with flying colors! Landon really took off with writing, learning his numbers and letters and really wanting to have "homework". He LOVED his daycare and was asked to join the Young Rembrandts, a class all about art where kids explore their creativity in art. Landon had many outings with just mommy or just daddy and was just plain fun (most of the time...for those of you who know him well, you know that his will is as strong as an OX!!). The 4th year sure was fun!

Now, my little man is five. He is a little boy, he is going to Kindergarten before his next birthday, he has self-professed that his brother is his very best friend, he loves cars and trucks (still), he loves to learn, he loves to draw, he loves to play outside and he loves Curious George. He still has Raffie and says he will have him until he is 17. I am not sure why 17, but hey, we shall see. He is learning his manners and there are times when I am truly amazed by his wisdom and insight. He has a very special interest in heaven and God and talks a lot about his Pappa in heaven as well as God and his care of us and our world. He gives great hugs, can come up with the funniest sayings and loves to help me cook...esp. if it is sweets.

I love my little buddy. I cannot believe he is five. I am proud to be he mommy and so thankful to have the time to reflect just a little over the past 5 years. What a blessing being a mother is.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow. I am a bit teary eyed thinking about all this! It feels like just yesterday I held that little guy in my arms! He was the tiniest baby I'd ever held - until, of course, my little one arrived 11 oz smaller! :) I am so lucky to have shared all these special times you mention with him and with you guys - you know he IS the main reason we had to move down here - it feels like yesterday when I used to watch him and I still have our little finger painted handprints framed on my wall! You are such an amazing mom and I look up to you in so many ways! Thank you for paving the way for me and for allowing Zaiya to grow up so closely with his cousins. :) I wouldn't have it any other way! Happy 5th year of being an awesome mom, Kristen! :)