
This year we made our now annual trip to Lake Lure for Labor Day with Kay, Anna and Brandon and some of Kay and LD's dear friends, John and Karen. We had a wonderfully relaxing weekend and I reflected on the value of spending family time away from home. No laundry, no worries about cleaning up the kids' toys on the floor, no computer, no lawn, no errands, no stress (well, we do have a 2 and 4 year old...but I can handle the stress that comes along with them when there is so little else to distract/stress me!). We did get the above family photo, the best of several and hopefully Aunt Moo will be able to crop a great smile from Connor out of another photo... we shall see...

Good Morning Nanny! Kay is such a trooper, getting up early with the boys, sipping her coffee and letting Stan and I snooze. The boys are completely entertained when Nanny is around!

Uncle B and Daddy spent some precious time together with these boys. Landon and Uncle B really bonded this trip, it was just plain awesome. :)

We did have such a great time in the pool with the boys. Landon was quite brave and by the end of the weekend, they were both jumping off the side of the pool!

Landon and I got to go on a boat ride with John and Karen. Landon was so well behaved and had a blast. I had so much fun hanging with my little buddy. He sure is a fun one!

Here he was driving the boat...after looking in John's "fish finder". John was absolutely wonderful with both our boys, just getting on their level and really including them. What wonderful friends.

Landon found the boat trip extremely relaxing...all 2 hours worth!

I had a chance to spend some great time catching up with Anna. What a special sister in law I have. :)

Aunt Moo and Uncle B spoiled Landon a bit too, getting him this blue slushie. He loved it!

Here is one of the many shots I got of Uncle B teaching Landon to swim. Landon was such a brave boy with his Uncle B!! He was swimming back and forth so much, obviously making Brandon's day. Brandon is such a great uncle!!

And off to the Apple Festival...Landon had to be a complete boy and get a snake painted on his arm... :)

Followed by Daddy, who had to enter the pull up contest put on by the Marines. Of course, Mr. Teen Alamance won and set the record for the day at 21 pull ups, straight off the street! I am so proud!
Connor got to jump in the bounce houses!!!
Take that, Cary Jump Zone!



Landon got to slide...



Connor enjoyed his first ever caramel apple, let me rephrase that...his first ever caramel...he only used the apple as a tool. :)

This is what you get for eating nothing but caramel for lunch...sugar CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a picture of our spectacular hosts and our boys. Obviously the boys had a great time with John and Karen. Thank you guys so much!!

And, we simply could not pass by Pa Cole's exit without stopping in for a visit! Pa Cole is always so happy to see us and this time we surprised him by bringing him and Jane some good ole' KFC!! We love our Pa Cole (and Jane and Sue too!!).
I just love this picture of Pa Cole and his grandson and great-grandsons. LD would be so proud. I know I am.
Hope you enjoyed the photos, we certainly had a wonderful time. What a blessed life we live.
No comments:
Post a Comment