I thought this would be a great title for this post...first I wanted to share our wonderful Labor Day. We went to the North Carolina Mountains and visited my parents at the cabin and Kay, Anna and Brandon at Lake Lure. We stayed about 30 minutes away from each other. On the way there, though, we stopped to see Pa Cole.
We had a great visit with him, as always. He was so delighted to see the boys as always. He was able to witness a little of Landon's boisterous personality. I guess I can't blame him- we left at 9:00am and didn't get to the mountain until 5:00 with two stops on the way. Basically, he was an energy ball, bouncing off every wall in Pa Cole's house. Good thing my dad came with us. He was a huge help in keeping him occupied. Pa Cole also enjoyed catching up with my dad. They talked about music and lots of memories, most of which involved L.D. It was a very good visit.
We also got a pass at the Rumbling Bald Resort pool! Stan and Landon are pictured here under the mushroom splasher. Landon really warmed up to it and had a great time with his daddy.
Landon also bonded with Aunt Moo. Here he is enjoying a moonpie with Anna. These two are so sweet together and Stan and I are so thankful for she and Uncle B! Landon thinks they both hung the moon (or moonpies...:)).
Nanny got some Connor hugs...
And Landon nibbles... (check out those shades)
Mommom got some pool time in the lazy river with Connor, who LOVES the water! Mommom had a great time floating around with this little fella...
Here Connor has gotten a hold of Landon's new Buzz Lightyear...a perfect chew toy! Don't tell Landon!
We sufficiently wore them out.
Even Landon feel asleep in Mommom's arms. She minded not one bit! :)
I even got some Landon snuggles. These don't happen too often anymore. I minded not one bit either. :)
Landon and Connor got to watch Raffie with my mom. Raffie is awesome. He is a children's song writer and singer who has been around since I was a little girl. Here they are both pointing to him and dancing (and singing- if you call it that). My mom was so delighted! Brings back a lot of memories.
Landon got to go on his first boat ride, thanks to John and Karen Thomas. John was L.D.'s best friend and the couple who let Kay, Anna and Brandon stay at their condo on Lake Lure. They were delighted to be able to take us for a boat ride. Landon was great! We road for at least an hour and a half and he sat still the whole time. Stan and I were so proud!
Landon was proud that he found his first wild turkey feather!
Landon wore Pop out.
We really had a great time. Stan, my dad, and Brandon got to go golfing two days in a row. They had a blast. Kay, Anna and I went shopping one day and played with the kids at the pool the other day. My mom was the designated babysitter and was delighted.
It was nice to be able to be in the mountains again. It is so peaceful there. Though we were out and about, there was something healing about that crisp mountain air. I also had a chance to really bond with my mom and get some of my raw emotions out. It was also very healing for me.
Catching up is something I am working on. I feel like I am in a time warp. I think about the fact that it is September and wonder where July and August went! We have been so busy, have spent so much time away from the kids, the house, our life...it has started to take its toll. I have needed to catch up on sleep, laundry, emails, birthdays, phone calls, yardwork, upcoming conference registration, mail responses, etc. Life keeps on moving. We just keep putting one foot in front of the other. God sustains is daily. God teaches us daily.
I have been blessed by some really special friends and family over the past 2 months. I really appreciate it.
My friend, Lucia, took both boys (while being 7 months pregnant with a 2 year old) so I could go by myself to the coffee shop. Thanks Lucia! I read a book about grief, a sad sad book, but- very healing and very interesting how different the circumstances of myself and the author, but how very connected I was to her thought processes. It was a true gift to have that time.
I have received many phone calls, cards, emails, FB messages- all from very supportive friends and family and have really appreciated them all.
I even had a surprise cd and devotional book in my mailbox yesterday from "a friend". The cd is one I have been really wanting-the new one out by Amy Grant. Obviously this person knows me well. Thank you whoever you are. You brightened my day and I am listening to my cd now!
My sister has taken the time to come help, even while taking care of a 7 month old and being sleep deprived herself- and has brought her friend Jenn along- they let me sleep while they watched the boys!!!!! What a gift! Thanks Karen and Jenn!
My sweet babysitter, Kim, adorned my table with beautiful sunflowers, just because they made her think of me! Thanks Kim, they truly did brighten many days!
My loving sister-in-law just took the time to "get me" after witnessing Landon be mean to me. Her eyes said, "I understand". She gave me a big hug and told me it would be ok. She followed it up with an invitation to get a pedicure! Thanks Anna!
My mother-in-law sent me the most wonderfully encouraging email about being a good mom. That was truly a gift as I have been doubting myself a lot lately. Coming from a mother I deeply admire, I am so honored and humbled. Thanks Kay!
My mom and dad have been awesome. Just. plain. awesome. Thanks for all the support and care of the kids. It has been a true gift.
Of course, my loving husband. What would I do without him? Though we live together and it would be easy to just exist together. We have shared wonderful talks, late night movies, he has brought me flowers, watched the kids so I could sleep/have a quiet time/have coffee with a friend.
From my church family, my wonderful support group of mommies in my playgroup, old and new friends, family, coworkers, Landon's daycare, I truly have been blessed in this time of grieving. I never imagined how it would affect me, esp. in the midst of trying to raise a baby and a 3 year old. I appreciate the prayers, the encouragement and the understanding. I need it all.
Landon got to go on his first boat ride, thanks to John and Karen Thomas. John was L.D.'s best friend and the couple who let Kay, Anna and Brandon stay at their condo on Lake Lure. They were delighted to be able to take us for a boat ride. Landon was great! We road for at least an hour and a half and he sat still the whole time. Stan and I were so proud!We really had a great time. Stan, my dad, and Brandon got to go golfing two days in a row. They had a blast. Kay, Anna and I went shopping one day and played with the kids at the pool the other day. My mom was the designated babysitter and was delighted.
It was nice to be able to be in the mountains again. It is so peaceful there. Though we were out and about, there was something healing about that crisp mountain air. I also had a chance to really bond with my mom and get some of my raw emotions out. It was also very healing for me.
Catching up is something I am working on. I feel like I am in a time warp. I think about the fact that it is September and wonder where July and August went! We have been so busy, have spent so much time away from the kids, the house, our life...it has started to take its toll. I have needed to catch up on sleep, laundry, emails, birthdays, phone calls, yardwork, upcoming conference registration, mail responses, etc. Life keeps on moving. We just keep putting one foot in front of the other. God sustains is daily. God teaches us daily.
I have been blessed by some really special friends and family over the past 2 months. I really appreciate it.
My friend, Lucia, took both boys (while being 7 months pregnant with a 2 year old) so I could go by myself to the coffee shop. Thanks Lucia! I read a book about grief, a sad sad book, but- very healing and very interesting how different the circumstances of myself and the author, but how very connected I was to her thought processes. It was a true gift to have that time.
I have received many phone calls, cards, emails, FB messages- all from very supportive friends and family and have really appreciated them all.
I even had a surprise cd and devotional book in my mailbox yesterday from "a friend". The cd is one I have been really wanting-the new one out by Amy Grant. Obviously this person knows me well. Thank you whoever you are. You brightened my day and I am listening to my cd now!
My sister has taken the time to come help, even while taking care of a 7 month old and being sleep deprived herself- and has brought her friend Jenn along- they let me sleep while they watched the boys!!!!! What a gift! Thanks Karen and Jenn!
My sweet babysitter, Kim, adorned my table with beautiful sunflowers, just because they made her think of me! Thanks Kim, they truly did brighten many days!
My loving sister-in-law just took the time to "get me" after witnessing Landon be mean to me. Her eyes said, "I understand". She gave me a big hug and told me it would be ok. She followed it up with an invitation to get a pedicure! Thanks Anna!
My mother-in-law sent me the most wonderfully encouraging email about being a good mom. That was truly a gift as I have been doubting myself a lot lately. Coming from a mother I deeply admire, I am so honored and humbled. Thanks Kay!
My mom and dad have been awesome. Just. plain. awesome. Thanks for all the support and care of the kids. It has been a true gift.
Of course, my loving husband. What would I do without him? Though we live together and it would be easy to just exist together. We have shared wonderful talks, late night movies, he has brought me flowers, watched the kids so I could sleep/have a quiet time/have coffee with a friend.
From my church family, my wonderful support group of mommies in my playgroup, old and new friends, family, coworkers, Landon's daycare, I truly have been blessed in this time of grieving. I never imagined how it would affect me, esp. in the midst of trying to raise a baby and a 3 year old. I appreciate the prayers, the encouragement and the understanding. I need it all.
3 comments:
i haven't read your blog in forever- I know it's been hard. I hope we can continue to "be there" for each other, and I wish I could do more to help you thru the grief emotions. Unfortunately it seems like those things just have to run their course, you just have to go through it. See you tomorrow I hope!
Some really great pics on here... love the one of Connor passed out! You've been there for so many of your friends and family over the years... you shouldn't be surprised that people are returning the favor. AND you ARE a WONDERFUL mother!!!! What would I do without you? Besides taking Zaiya to the ER every other day, I wouldn't be nearly as fun of a mommy w/out having your example to follow!!! xo
Post a Comment